Want to Stop Overspending on Groceries?
Check out this budget-friendly and time-saving option!
You’d love to stop overspending on groceries, right? When was the last time you tracked how much you spend on groceries and fast food per month? Even if you were to separate those two expenses, I think you may be fascinated by how much you spend just on groceries alone. Food, groceries, going out to dinner… these are all areas in your budget that are easy to overspend on and yet you have the absolute most control over. When you’re working hard to pay off debt or increase your savings, the grocery line item in your budget is the one that you can really tackle and start to see immediate savings! It all starts with a plan and smarter decisions when it comes to food.
My husband and I were notorious for making trips to the grocery store just before dinner with a new recipe in hand. Or making a big trip to Costco each weekend spending hundreds of dollars on food only to get home and not have a plan on what to cook, with all the food we just bought. Can you relate? What would really eat us up, was all the spoiled food we’d throw away each month because once again, we didn’t have a plan. And when I was a former single mom, I had zero time to cook nor the money to risk trying a new recipe. I just didn’t have the time to plan.
Reviewing our budget each month left us stunned at the amount of money we were throwing away. It was such a waste.
Now my husband definitely loves to cook. Much more than I do so when he travels, having a supply of delicious freezer meals is a much-needed necessity for me and the kids. There are nights where I’d rather serve cereal for dinner than prepare and cook a meal. I know, I know…mom of the year, right? Or…maybe you do the same??
But it’s soooo frustrating and time-consuming having to plan, shop, prepare and cook… only for the meal to be a total fail. I’ve helped him create freezer meals before but it took us an entire day and honestly dinner wasn’t as tasty as I thought it would be. So again…just a big waste of time and money. It was a huge letdown but I could totally see the benefits to doing it this way, I just really struggled to make it work.
A while back a friend of mine recommended Erin Chase who’s the founder of $5.00 Dinners and the MyFreezEasy Meal Plan after I had numerous Pinterest fails. When I say numerous, I actually mean every Pinterest meal prep plan had failed. When I went to her website, I read more about her $5 Meal Plan, the FreezEasy program, and the many meal plan options. For $12 a month for the FreezEasy plan, adding the $5.00 a month for the $5 Dollar Meal Plans to increase our cost savings, plus a 100% money back guarantee, we gave it a go. It’s been several months now and I’m just now getting around to writing this review.
Several months in now and I’m in LOVE! Who would have thought I would fall in love with a program that takes away everything I hate about cooking and saves me a bunch of money each month?
For only $5.00 per month (with a 14-day free trial), you will receive a delicious meal plan where every single meal will cost you around $2.00 per person and most often less. Erin makes these meals for her family of 6 for only $5.00 per meal! When I read that, it got me! I’ve never been able to be this cost effective with my families meals, ever… I NEEDED HELP!
And with the amount I would be saving in food costs, I could easily add this to my budget. And money aside, the time savings was HUGE for me! Plus, it would lessen a number of times you’d find us in the fast food drive-thru line! Home cooking equals healthier eating!
Here are a few more details about the $5.00 Meal Plan to help you stop overspending:
- 14-day free trial, then $5.00 per month with the option to cancel at any time.
- Each week, your meal plan will arrive in your inbox on Friday at 11 AM Eastern time.
- The meal includes a menu and a shopping list.
- The menu will include:
- Five dinner entrees with sides – Each week includes one freezer friendly, one slow cooker, and one 20-minute.
- Also included is one lunch and one breakfast, plus,
- A random goodie each week – sometimes it’ll be a dessert, sometimes a beverage, and sometimes it will be a snack (sometimes more than one!
- Each week, she will feature at least one 20-minute meal, freezer-friendly meal, and one slow cooker meal.
- Each family obviously has its own tastes and preferences, so there is a convenient drag and drop Meal Plan Builder so you can customize your weekly meal plan to fit your families needs.
- And you can choose a Gluten-Free option!
- Also offered at a significant discount are specialty meal plans such as:
- 6 weeks of 30-minute meals.
- 6 weeks of slow cooker meals.
- 6 weeks of paleo meals.
- 6 weeks of vegetarian meals.
It has totally kept us on track with our budget which is now hundreds of dollars below our previous grocery budget, I don’t have to do the planning, I can create 10-12 freezer meals within one hour and I can swap the recipes, change to clean eating and back to gluten free if I’d like.
So here’s what you need to know about the MyFreezEasy plan and then I’ll link the website below if you’re interested in giving it a try:
- First things first…Membership is $12 per month or less than $0.40 per day. And you’re able to cancel anytime, no questions asked.
- You can pause and unpause your subscription at any time. The advantage to pausing is that you won’t be charged, but you’ll keep your subscription level. (If membership pricing goes up in the future, your subscription price would stay what it is today.)
- The meal plans are printable downloads that include recipes, grocery shopping lists, assembly notes and instructions, an assembly video and printable labels for your bags and trays.
- You can personalize and customize your meal plans with your membership.
- Use the meal plan builder tool to create your own meal plan from scratch.
- You can now do all of the above on their new mobile app!
- 10 meals can be prepared in under an hour!!!!
- She offers different shopping lists, where you can shop for your items per recipe or per grocery aisle.
- All of her recipes are delicious and super budget friendly – it’s cut our grocery bills by about 60% from what we were spending!
- Her videos are awesome! You can watch and cook alongside her. And in the videos, she provides tips and strategies on how to do this the most efficient and effective way.
- And she also provides videos on how to cook amazing meals with the instant pot I’ve been afraid to use! Super easy!
- It’s a perfect way to spend time with your littles by having them help with prepping while learning to cook!
Erin also has a FREE online Freezer Cooking Workshop that I’ve linked below and through that link, she will also send you a sample of her menu plans.
Each month, 8 new themed meal plans are shared with you. Each meal plan contains 5 recipes that all double to make 10 freezer meals. The recipes each month change and vary, but fit with the theme.
The MyFreezEasy themed meal plans to stop overspending include:
Can I just tell you that I LOVE MY INSTANT POT! My husband LOVES OUR INSTANT POT! Seriously, it’s the most magical kitchen device I’ve ever used! But I will admit that I was a little intimidated by it when we first bought it. But the things it can do to your food and the taste it delivers…. it’s so worth it to learn how to use it!
Erin has also created this amazing video below that show’s you exactly how to use your instant pot and how to cook with it! The lesson itself is super easy. Try it… you’ll be amazed at what this little pot can do! I’m telling right now though…it’s magical!
Erin also offers a FREE online Freezer Cooking Workshop! This workshop takes all the stress and anxiety of preparing multiple meals within one hour. Which leaves so much more time for you and your family throughout the busyness of our weeks. I’ll just say right now…she’s pretty awesome!
Helpful tools to get you started:
Or you can search Wal-mart to see if they’re offering any discounts!